Japan is an island nation in the Pacific Ocean with dense cities, imperial palaces, mountainous national parks and thousands of shrines and temples. Shinkansen bullet trains connect the main islands of Kyushu (with Okinawa's subtropical beaches), Honshu (home to Tokyo and Hiroshima’s atomic-bomb memorial) and Hokkaido (famous for skiing). Tokyo, the capital, is known for skyscrapers, shopping and pop culture.
- Visa class
- – Tourist/Business
- Visa Validity
- – Three(03) months (single entry)
- Visa fee
- – 3000 Yen( INR 1,800 app.) for single entry and 6000 Yen(INR 3,658 app.) for multiple
- Visa filing
- – 1 months before travel
- Valid passport. It should have over 2 blank pages. Submit old passports (if any).
- Copy of first and last pages of the passport.
- Visa application form. It must be fully filled and signed by the applicant.
- Cover letter that states the purpose of visit and day-wise details of the visit.
- One passport sized photograph. It should be 2x2 inches in size and should be clicked within the last 6 months. It should be a colored photograph with white background. The photo paper quality should be good.
- Travel tickets and itinerary (hotel booking, day-wise details).
- Last 6 months bank statement.
- Recent ITR (Income Tax Return).
- Employed applicants have to submit an employment certificate from his/her employer or NOC or proof of leave sanction. He/she also has to submit salary bank statement of last 6 months.
- Applicants who own a company have to submit ownership proof and bank statement of the company.
- Students or dependents have to submit consent of parents of spouse, original bank statement of last 6 months of spouse or parents and recent ITR of spouse or parents.
- If applicant has a dependent accompanying him/her to Japan, then proof of relationship has to be provided. Copy of passport, birth certificate or marriage certificate can be submitted in this case.
Apart from this the Japanese Embassy may ask some applicants to appear for an interview and submit additional documents.